The Office of Assessment and Institutional Research supports the Scripps College mission and strategic plan by fostering a campus culture of evidence-based planning to enhance students’ success and experience.
The Office of Assessment and Institutional Research augments institutional effectiveness by making use of assessment and evaluation that reports comprehensive data to support planning, decision-making, and policy formulation.
The goals of the Office of Assessment and Institutional Research are to:
- Provide high quality support to the College community and external stakeholder groups that reflect clear standards of professionalism and integrity.
- Support Scripps faculty and staff in assessing academic and cocurricular programs.
- Conduct official campus-wide census data and reconciliation.
- Collect, analyze, interpret, and disseminate data in an accessible and useful way that supports planning and decision-making.
- Provide support to College departments related to data collection, analysis, and interpretation.
- Conduct campus-wide surveys in areas such as student engagement, student experience, and campus climate.
- Serve as the central repository of institutional data to monitor its continuous quality, improvement, and compliance with local, state, and federal reporting requirements.
- Coordinate all external institutional data reporting, participate in institutional data exchange(s), and conduct peer college analysis.
- Conduct specialized research studies.
- Assist in developing and monitoring strategic indicators to track the College’s strategic goals.
- Support the Strategic Enrollment Management plan for the College.
- Support the campus Strategic Planning process.
- Oversee and support the College’s accreditation.
Scripps College Data
Please use the form below for data requests. We ask you to provide some pertinent information to help us best support your needs.